Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Camping Birthday card


I am so happy that this came together and I have my Gypsy to thank for making it all work!   My grandson is having a campout birthday party so it was fun to browse - I used Nate's ABC's and various grassy pieces I found on carts I have.  It measures 8"x7" and may be a little larger than I like, but I wanted to make the pieces easier to cut and assemble.  Did you notice it's a side-step card?  I added the background piece of starred paper which changed the back section a little but I think it turned out ok. The tent is actually attached by a hinge to the starred paper - - and the birthday wishes are on the back!

4 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Oh Ruth, this came out so neat I love the camping scene the flame looks real, and the s'mores look yummy. The background is super. It looks like you have a lot of fun camping.
Thank you for joining the Creative Cutter room challenge.
DIANA L. http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun camping card! Great design and fun details! Thanks for joining us over at the CCR! DT Member Carri

Michelle N. said...

What a great card-love the many details you put in! Thanks for joining the Just-a-scrappin' Challenge!

Confessions of a Paperholic said...

Nice work, Ruth! I love all the little details in your card from the starry night to the boys in the tent. Nate's ABCs is a great cart with so many cute die cuts. Thank you for playing along at JAS!